Experienced Maintenance Tech II
COMMUNITY MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN II
Experience in related field (or 2 year degree in related industry) is required (if not apartment maintenance, then at least HVAC/electrical/construction/plumbing/carpentry/etc.).
Note: although we do training, this position will require advanced maintenance knowledge on day one and we do testing during the interview process to ensure there is relevant knowledge. You must provide your own tools, transportation and positive attitude.
We do credit, criminal, and drug testing. If you could not be approved to live at one of our apartments (no felonies ever and no repeated misdemeanors in the past 5 years and average to good credit), we will not consider you for hire. We are an absolutely drug-free environment.
Desired Position Traits
- GREAT work ethic (willing and even eager to go the extra mile)
- Positive attitude
- LOVE of customer service
- Detail orientated
- An eager and engaged right arm to the Maintenance Supervisor (we're performance based, so this is how you get promoted from Tech II to Maintenance Supervisor over time)
- Able to act as the Supervisor when the Supervisor is not available -- keeping shop in order, completing supply orders, scheduling, etc.
- Ready for immediate hire (okay to need to work notice at current position)
- Hours are M-F 8:00 to 5:00
- After-hours On-Call schedule is anywhere from once every 3 to 7 weeks, depending on season, and does offer overtime
- Tech II is salaried at $33,000 with bonus opportunities up to $11,550
- 20% Rental Discount at SPG communities
- Benefits package and 401k matching
- Overtime is paid at half time
- Campus Turns are from late July through August. Vacations are discouraged during this time.
Note: Additional bonuses (though not guaranteed as part of the compensation package) are vetted out each year and are historically offered.
Contact Email: email@example.com